“GMO Mosquitos” Edition
“Scientists to Release Genetically Modified Mosquitos to in Florida to Combat Denge, Zika.”
Reasons why you might be upset:
- “Just what we need from 2020: MORE MOSQUITOES”
- “GMO is bad enough for you, now we have mutated bugs?!”
- Another reason to hibernate in a hole for the remainder of the year.
- Mosquitos carry diseases! Why release them if they can spread the diseases?!
Reasons why it’s not that bad:
- The “mutated” “GMO” bugs are male versions of the breed of skeeter that carry dangerous Zika and Dengue viruses (among other things).
- Only the female of the species bite, (biting makes babies, gross) and the males are the ones being released.
- these male “frakensquitos” have been engineered to produce only MALE offspring.
- this is merely a small scale study. In Florida. So, don’t go to Florida?
Thanks for reading.