Aurora Borealis, BMB, crash landing, crashdlanding, draft day, Dreams, life, non-fiction, pink, pipe dreams, tattoos
This post was last saved on August 11, 2016. I never finished it for whatever reason (mostly because I don’t finish things). But with some addendums and notes!
- Run a marathon (I’d probably have a heart attack)
- Get a tattoo (not brave enough to face the pain lol)
Dye my hair purple (money and maintenance)– I have done this twice in two different ways. A few months before my mom died, I had my hair professionally bleached and had purple added in. More recently, meaning about two or three years ago, I purchased semi-permanent dye and “purpled” it.
- Visit a foreign country (need my passport)
- Go on a safari (goes with #4)
- Own a business (but like, what?)
- Go sailing (I can’t even swim): I HAVE ridden on a ferry to reach the lighthouse were we spread my mom’s ashes. It was a fun ride, but I’m not marking this one off yet!
- Have something I’ve written be really popular! (I’m not that good!) – define popular? Every once in a while, Black Friday: A Zombie Story pops back up.
And now for some additions.
- See the Aurora Borealis in person
- Touch an elephant. I know that wild animals should be left alone and not have unnecessary human interaction. Doesn’t mean I can’t want to. Just means I won’t.
- Learn to play an instrument. I own a ukulele. I don’t try. Maybe a series on the blog?
- Go on a cruise. Not to be confused with sailing, as above.
- Ride a horse. I have been bitten by a horse (apparently, he liked the smell of cigarette smoke–which wasn’t mine).
- See Pink live in concert.
- Make money doing something I love. Not just, “here’s five bucks for that pair of earrings” but “You can quit retail now, because you’re a writer!”
I used to talk to myself a lot about having pipe dreams. You know, dreams that aren’t worth anything but sending down a pipe. I know a lot of things I want to do are unattainable for someone like me. But a dream is something you have to distract you from the nonsense that surrounds you. And never let someone tell you not to dream. You do you, dude.